Contribute to Secrets of Mirage
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Terrible
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:26 pm 
God of the Realm
God of the Realm

I'm sure I speak for all of the SoM staff when I say our hearts go out to the victims, families, and everyone affected by the senseless and tragic attacks in Boston today.

Let's all play the 'quote Scorpio in your signature' game!

Wooot small text.

Post subject: Re: Terrible
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:03 pm 
Godly Poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=046MuD1p ... ata_player
:( :( :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:14 pm 
Noble

This is very sad for the innocent people. Innocent people should never suffer these consequences. Who does this kind of thing is crazy and should pay for it.

But sadder that this was the attack on Hiroshima and Nagasaki that the United States did against Japan, even with the war won. There were nearly a hundred thousand dead. And WAR had already been won.

Was also terrible deaths of thousands of innocents in Afghanistan, killed because of oil that was interesting to the United States.

It's amazing how the deaths in the United States are overestimated and killings done by the Americans is ignored.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:36 pm 
Godly Poster

I can't help but feel andre's post maybe had good intentions, but came off as...someone think of a good word.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:54 am 
Ascending to Power

I can't help but feel that I'm nowhere near as ignorant as I need to be towards Brazilians.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:28 am 
Godly Poster

Andre Skud wrote:
This is very sad for the innocent people. Innocent people should never suffer these consequences. Who does this kind of thing is crazy and should pay for it.

But sadder that this was the attack on Hiroshima and Nagasaki that the United States did against Japan, even with the war won. There were nearly a hundred thousand dead. And WAR had already been won.

Was also terrible deaths of thousands of innocents in Afghanistan, killed because of oil that was interesting to the United States.

It's amazing how the deaths in the United States are overestimated and killings done by the Americans is ignored.

Somewhat true, however you should considere alternative ways of explaining yourself.

But, this is a traditional marathon which has over 60+ countries that participate. That's why it's having so much publicity(oh, and cause America probably has the most leading and most influence on news). If it wasn't as international as it was, not many glances would've even been given.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:53 am 
Godly Poster

He brings up an incredibly valid point. Killing of innocents is killing of innocents, he's just pointing out the general hypocrisy of your average American.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:13 am 
Godly Poster

Bones wrote:
He brings up an incredibly valid point. Killing of innocents is killing of innocents, he's just pointing out the general hypocrisy of your average American.

Murica!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:44 pm 
banned

Andre Skud wrote:

I'm sure this will get moved to Contro - but hey.

The bombs in Japan? Do you know what the result would have been if we invaded their homeland. American deaths would have been hundreds of thousands, as well as MILLIONS of Japanese. You can think of it as a mercy that we used nukes in a sense, as we would have swept the entire island - taken away their entire life style and turned it into a colony of types (more than likely). Yet I'm sure you're forgetting that America was staying out of the war (besides supplies to our allies) until who was it? Japan I think? Correct me if I'm wrong - bombed our naval base (ALONG WITH CIVILIANS) on Hawaii. We were completely unprepared as well - since we were not in the war. Japan's single move lost them the war and saved western civilization as we know it. Of course the deaths of millions of jews is okay by your logic - its just bad the United States defended their homeland.

As for Afghan - are you ignoring the part where millions of their citizens were killed by their rulers? I'm sure this is also okay since it wasn't the United States who did this. We are in debt trillions of dollars due to the wars - which we will end up paying for in the future. We also lost lives of our soldiers who before this war, were innocents. I'm sure this is okay that our citizens die but it is unfair that other citizens die.

Larger than your comments, we are not just waging a war on a single country - we are attempting to wage a war on terrorism as a whole - this is something I would suspect you'd respect considering you're from a South American country where random acts of violence do happen.

I can see you are upset about how much press and how strong our reaction to these events are? It is because we value human life in our country. We feel for those who have lost someone close them - especially for a retarded reason as someone bombing an area. Now I'm sure an argument can be made we don't talk about death in other countries as much as we do our own - but what do you expect? It is our nation. We have a sense of pride, ownership.

Mayhem wrote:
I agree with Velkan on this.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:56 am 
SoM Master

Quote:
Mayhem wrote:
I agree with Velkan on this.

You might be taken more seriously if you fixed your attitude and actually offered constructive and helpful suggestions, rather than just spewing ignorant and hateful accusations/comments like a troll.
If you can't, you will only get what you dish out so don't come whining about that too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:49 am 
Post Master

Velkan wrote:
Andre Skud wrote:

The bombs in Japan? Do you know what the result would have been if we invaded their homeland. American deaths would have been hundreds of thousands, as well as MILLIONS of Japanese. You can think of it as a mercy that we used nukes in a sense, as we would have swept the entire island - taken away their entire life style and turned it into a colony of types (more than likely). Yet I'm sure you're forgetting that America was staying out of the war (besides supplies to our allies) until who was it? Japan I think? Correct me if I'm wrong - bombed our naval base (ALONG WITH CIVILIANS) on Hawaii. We were completely unprepared as well - since we were not in the war. Japan's single move lost them the war and saved western civilization as we know it. Of course the deaths of millions of jews is okay by your logic - its just bad the United States defended their homeland.

As for Afghan - are you ignoring the part where millions of their citizens were killed by their rulers? I'm sure this is also okay since it wasn't the United States who did this. We are in debt trillions of dollars due to the wars - which we will end up paying for in the future. We also lost lives of our soldiers who before this war, were innocents. I'm sure this is okay that our citizens die but it is unfair that other citizens die.

Larger than your comments, we are not just waging a war on a single country - we are attempting to wage a war on terrorism as a whole - this is something I would suspect you'd respect considering you're from a South American country where random acts of violence do happen.

I can see you are upset about how much press and how strong our reaction to these events are? It is because we value human life in our country. We feel for those who have lost someone close them - especially for a retarded reason as someone bombing an area. Now I'm sure an argument can be made we don't talk about death in other countries as much as we do our own - but what do you expect? It is our nation. We have a sense of pride, ownership.

I came very very close to responding to his statement, my response, would of been much like yours. I felt it would of fallen on deaf ears though, so I didn't. I Agree with your post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:23 am 
Godly Poster

I couldnt have said any better velkan.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:00 am 
Ascending to Power

well said velk!

~SK~ Torquey RIP
SoM Master

+CL+ Wovenspear RIP
Godly Magus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:36 pm 
Post Master

Velkan wrote:
Andre Skud wrote:

tl;dr Murrica

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:40 pm 
Godly Poster

Velkan is a strongman.

Powerful.

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next