Contribute to Secrets of Mirage
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ominous Creation - RFB/VFB Revamp (Released)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:02 pm 
Peasant

Re-release of the classic Reinforced Finality Blade and Venomous Finality Blade!

Release Date: November 29th, 2016 4pm Server Time (Complete)

New Location: Will be announced on the release date.

Collect RFB/VFB in a new environment with all new features.

NEW! Updated Stats.
Both items have been upgraded!

Reinforced Finality Blade - ???
Venomous Finality Blade - ???

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Ominous Creation - RFB/VFB Revamp (Released)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:27 am 
Baka

Ok, so after collecting a couple RFB and VFB, i feel that the entire area needs to be addressed and re-worked. As much as myself and others appreciate having something else to collect besides Sword of crap, it seems rather un-balanced. As a lvl 500+ player with a 500 pet assisting me, i should not have to stop and heal through the final encounter, nor run through multiple of the end tier sets to complete a 345 str weapon. Not only do i take damage from some of the NPCs with RMC/MCP on, but my pet seems to get rocked with 900 def. How is it that you can collect end game gear with taking little to no damage, yet the 345 str weapon area would decimate lower level players trying to close the gap between Excal/SoW/RFB?.

I understand it was a quick fix to a severely broken area, just voicing my opinion on the issue at hand.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:14 pm 
Peasant

Sword of Worth is honestly just very simple since most people have stated they can farm 3 before a single Finality Blade. If I am hearing you correctly, your main concern is the boss at the end of the collection. The reason why I originally made him challenging was to keep the old lore of that particular boss (even kept the name) - I made the boss quite simple since I heard prewipe it required 3 people and required to block a mage since melees couldn't physically kill the NPC itself which was a shame...Which is also a way to do it now as well still but I even made it possible to be solo'd since it wasn't at all to begin with. Another fun fact about recreating the area was to make it actually farm'able by melees since it is a melee weapon and is the first NPC I got to basically make that could use special abilities to resemble an actual boss fight.

I personally do like it but if people do seem that it should be changed, I don't mind. It was fun to get to create an actual boss with special abilities and I can completely understand why you think it is unbalanced but the weapon itself was made for nostalgic purposes and for collectors. I boosted the STR on both items since it would've been silly to not to.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:23 am 
Baka

SoW is extremely easy to farm, you are correct. I do agree that you can farm multiple in the time it would take to collect 1 FB. Which means either SoW should be increased in difficulty OR FB should be re-worked so that it would be linear with the rest of the equipment. Seems like asking for one thing leads to a plethora of things needing to be fixed >.<.

I'm glad you re-worked RF/VF as you are correct, it was a horrible mess previously. However, i don't see where the damage comes into play. In order to collect one 'safely' you would require MCP/RMC, and still take damage. When i think of collectors items, i think of an insane farm like Iron Sabre or a rare drop like Kaines Blade. Not being 500+ with end game gear farming a weapon below what i'm using for something to do. It seems rather un-realistic to have someone risk higher level gear to farm lower level gear.

I may be the first/only to voice my opinion about this subject, however i am not alone. I'm not meaning to bash your content, it is appreciated, i just feel it needs a second look. I know from speaking to you, that you have many plans to make SSoMX more linear, when you and the other staff have the time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:34 pm 
Peasant

Yeah, the goal for RFB/VFB was to make it a boss battle that required 2-3 people. I can definitely change it but I honestly wanted to work a lot of those types of NPCs in the game. Where it required multiple players to kill it and have a fun experience. That was my first attempt at making that happen but if most people don't like it, I don't mind removing it. Is your thoughts to remove that danger aspect of it and make the boss do zero damage to you and lower the HP/EXP ratio?

Edit: Linear is very subjective - I personally like NPCs that fluctuate in damage scales through an area. Think about an MMORPG with a group boss at level 20 that took 3-5 people and then you level up to level 25-30 and you still go back to that boss that was designed for level twenties, they usually still end up doing quite a bit of damage while the level 25-30 NPCs were still easily trained on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:32 pm 

Necrotyk wrote:
SoW is extremely easy to farm, you are correct. I do agree that you can farm multiple in the time it would take to collect 1 FB. Which means either SoW should be increased in difficulty OR FB should be re-worked so that it would be linear with the rest of the equipment. Seems like asking for one thing leads to a plethora of things needing to be fixed >.<.

The Sword of Worth quest definitely needs to be reworked since the quest is horribly designed, but it shouldn't necessarily be designed for a harder/longer farm. Finality Blade, on the other hand, is too long of a farm, and it shouldn't be red since the new RFB/VFB Lucid Domain area is mainly orange/yellow. Instead, I'd like to suggest ferret pelts and pixie leaves be changed to yellow, as well as lose pelts/leaves upon death and increase the rate at which you get them. For example, at least make them a 100% drop. The fact that they don't always drop and need 3,000 is honestly the worst part of the farm considering the RFB/VFB upgrade farm is shorter and easier. In exchange for making FB yellow, the Lucid Domain can be red since it is suppose to be more of a risk/reward for upgrading your FB. Just my thoughts on the matter, so I hope they can be put into consideration. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 am 
*Game Dev*

Personally, I think RFB should be more of a stepping stone weapon towards TB/Excal, rather than looked at as more of a collector's item. The idea of doing a quest to exchange an older weapon into an upgraded weapon is something that should have been used more often, as it keeps older content relavant and gives more options for lower levels to trade that others may be too lazy to collect.

Like PsyphioN was suggesting, addressing the original Finality Blade zones/drops/requirements would seem like a step in the right direction. At least if the original FB was brought more in line in terms of risk and effort then I think the idea of the upgrade process to RFB/VFB being a group effort becomes more palatable. I've not personally done the revamped quest, but if the original FB is adjusted appropriately, I do think I like the idea of requiring 2-3 people to do it since not everything should be soloable. The key there would be identifying what level the content is geared towards and appropriately balancing it for 2-3 players in gear someone that level would be wearing. This might make it soloable towards the top tier players, but that also points to what Leo mentioned about group effort for mid-levels, soloable for high levels.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:59 am 
Godly Poster

As with most things in the game, the quests need to be more player friendly if SoM is every going to attract any player base. The risk vs reward system now a'days as compared to ten years ago sadly doesn't resonate with people. The prices of things are so expensive, and it's to risky to go into these zones to collect items yourself, so people hit a wall and give up.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]