Contribute to Secrets of Mirage
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Game
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:49 pm 
Post Master

Sounds like the second try for this game didn't work out like planned, so I don't know.. Try try again? It is what it is I suppose, I always felt like the game was too small, it needs everything it had and the new areas, and then some in terms of areas for low level players.

It needs a mine rework, as well as a fishing system similar to the mining system that's accessible to starting players from the port. Things like that are needed to make it more new player friendly, I know looters want people in red and orange but to maintain the balance you need people to be able to play without that. That much is obvious from multiple attempts at running this game.

Official AWP fan club! Current members: 4
AWP! wrote:
Rank = lost.
Rank wrote:
Your mother sucks.

Post subject: Re: The Game
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:54 pm 
Legendary Poster

Let me start off by saying that despite any remedies that could fix the game; you're very unlikely to see anything actually happen. Look at the other people before you who've offered countless suggestions and they were just told the same thing. I haven't even played the game in years and I can already tell what's happening. The game is starting to settle down into where everyone knows which monsters to kill for the best EXP, which items to collect for and how to collect them. There's ultimately no hope for a new player in comparison. Just look at who's playing these days anyways.

Even if you add those systems in, I feel like unless it's an essential mechanic (which it's not), it will most likely go unnoticed. Do you really think someone will spend hours fishing (even if it pays decently) over farming equipment that actually benefits you in more ways than just financially? No elite player will. Just look at how many newbie oriented areas went dormant until people started crafting guides and developers started trying to use them for quests.

The problem I also feel is once a group of people have banded together there's very little hope of you surviving or beating said group. In other words, once you're behind you stay behind. The main focus of this game has become a karma simulator rather than the social, fun, time-consuming game it once was.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:38 pm 
Post Master

Rob wrote:
Let me start off by saying that despite any remedies that could fix the game; you're very unlikely to see anything actually happen. Look at the other people before you who've offered countless suggestions and they were just told the same thing. I haven't even played the game in years and I can already tell what's happening. The game is starting to settle down into where everyone knows which monsters to kill for the best EXP, which items to collect for and how to collect them. There's ultimately no hope for a new player in comparison. Just look at who's playing these days anyways.

Even if you add those systems in, I feel like unless it's an essential mechanic (which it's not), it will most likely go unnoticed. Do you really think someone will spend hours fishing (even if it pays decently) over farming equipment that actually benefits you in more ways than just financially? No elite player will. Just look at how many newbie oriented areas went dormant until people started crafting guides and developers started trying to use them for quests.

The problem I also feel is once a group of people have banded together there's very little hope of you surviving or beating said group. In other words, once you're behind you stay behind. The main focus of this game has become a karma simulator rather than the social, fun, time-consuming game it once was.

Perhaps.. That being said I started Dave Lister December 23rd and three months later I was an overlord. So perhaps there is hope for a new player if they have the time to invest.

AWP! wrote:
Rank = lost.
Rank wrote:
Your mother sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:11 am 
Post Master

The biggest problem with SoM has always been the staffs lack of understanding on what would keep the players playing. The administration attitude has always been to create long drawn out collection quests and make them dangerous to collect.

I had a suggestion that could have made SoM playable to both the looters and the casuals. If there were two types of gear sets. Orange/yellow gear that is similar in power but much lower in durability. And Red/Black gear that you risk losing while collecting if you want a lot more durability. As well as the gear being much faster to farm.

I would preferably have the pvp oriented portion of the game be less damaging (Otange/Yellow) than the end all be all that it currently is with Red/Black.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:32 am 
Legendary Poster

While I do appreciate the replies coming in for our huge concern over the game's well-being. I feel like I should remind you that you have a general concept of the game Rank, which even if it's small allows you to be able to get there much more quickly than someone who hasn't. Having said that...

Reading what Hellspawn has came up with, I actually really appreciate such an idea. It almost complements your fishing idea with the fact that maybe it could lead up to something relevant equipment wise [Think of something like this, using a fishing rod on a water hole causes the fish to appear allowing you to hit it and kill it for scales to make scale mail]. Well-- That's if you combine the two ideas. It would also cause diversity of locations, causing people to be more spread out for the lower-tier gear but still allowing them to be competitive.

Once again I know this is falling on "blind eyes". Just look where we're posting this. The only way I can see this game being saved is by the community's ideas. But according to the game's history, it's never happened and will continue to stay that way. I find it kind of foolish because a lot of games attribute their success from rocky-roads to stable grounds, all because they listened to their community. Maybe next time they do a wipe?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:34 pm 
Resident

Rob wrote:
The only way I can see this game being saved is by the community's ideas. But according to the game's history, it's never happened and will continue to stay that way.

Closed mindedness is generally only a curse to the individual who possesses it, Great idea's that don't involve scripting are now actively being implemented. Just saying :P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:13 pm 
Post Master

I've heard people say that before, I'd probably still play if it wasn't for issues that can apparently only be resolved by Scorpio.

AWP! wrote:
Rank = lost.
Rank wrote:
Your mother sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:49 pm 
Ascending to Power

No blind eyes here. Already a step ahead with fishing in the new Ipsen. I've said it before and will gladly say it as many times as needed. I'm always open to your ideas. When I get my main project done, I will be able to focus on some more of them. You are more than free to spam my inbox with your thoughts. I don't mind one bit. I will read it all.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]