Contribute to Secrets of Mirage
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




 Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Why so secretive
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:34 pm 
Godly Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:33 pm
Posts: 533
Yuso wrote:
Subject: pwned

sparknuts wrote:
So how long an I banned for? >.>

Alright. Work's been keeping me away from my PC lately.
So regarding your ban, we talked and take this into consideration before complaining;
We're not sure how long you've been "using" to get ahead. So even after we unban your account, we're going to detain your stronger characters and they'll remain locked up until you can show us that you're capable of playing legit. How long will that be? It will be determined later on. The practical thing would have been to keep your accounts banned from here on out, but you've been a dedicated player for years, I'd say you've earned a chance to work things out.

So I hope this will be something we can work through. Once you're unbanned in a couple of weeks, we'll start off your, I guess probation? Hm.


Why so secretive about my ban details?
It couldn't be because you know the only reason I got banned was over a crappy admins hurt feelings?

Sure I had a program running. I was there though. I could have responded and shown I was not technically afk. Could I have slowed it down to not be so obvious? Sure.
But I didn't really care, figured I'd go till I got caught and take my month ban or whatever. But it turns out I get a special ban.... Couldn't be because of an admins hurt butt could it?

Further more, I find it odd, that in the whole history of som, the banning admin had majority decision making about thier bans. Yet my banning admin couldn't even give me a ban post. And yuso has been the only one to say anything about it.. couldn't be because my banning admin had a dislike of my honest answers that he asked for.. no way

When I was trying to out actual cheaters, I was threatened with banning because I kept pushing the topic to no end..... When I say screw it and join the mob of bots on som I get the hardest ban for a first offender to date....

Couldn't be because of someone's pained butt.. no way....






_________________
I am but a cow, trying to make it through this world of 99 cent cheeseburgers. Cow Nation! moooo!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why so secretive
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:54 pm 
Baka

Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:08 pm
Posts: 18
If they are actually offering to eventually let you get your characters back instead of simply deleting them and leaving you banned, then perhaps you shouldn't be "poking the bear," so to speak.

It's not really a bad deal considering the alternative (aka keeping you banned for good).



Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why so secretive
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:07 am 
Godly Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:33 pm
Posts: 533
OminousLeo wrote:
Bones/Any were both in use of the same 3rd party program with no response to auto-clicking.

Will go under more discussion for punishment. For a plead, I will upload my personal email that you can reply to me personally.


OminousLeo wrote:
The Frost was using a third party program to target and when I asked him/her to respond the did not comply.


See how these players were spoken to before determining whether they were afk or not, then banned, after not responding? And given a law and order post almost immediately? Was not the case in my situation. And Frost, 1st time offender was let back after a ban without extra crap added to it. Why is my 1st offense ban so different from everyone else's? Couldn't be because of a childish petty admins hurt anus... No way..


Now they saying I must have cheated with sparky.When sparky never even was a mage untill well after 500.all my ultimates were melee.

And as far as poking the bear, eff the bear. If my ban becomes consistent with others bans of the same nature I might come back... To the little FIVE person online game... That people get admin on and become complete douchebags. As you are not here to "cater" to players, I am not here to cater to anyone's feelings.

And if I remain banned over my 1st offense, whatever... It just shows the petty character of childish admins..




_________________
I am but a cow, trying to make it through this world of 99 cent cheeseburgers. Cow Nation! moooo!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why so secretive
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:24 pm 
*Game Dev*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:45 am
Posts: 856
Location: So~Cal
So.. you won't want to move on with any of this until you get a law and order post from Leo? Cause you didn't want to work it out with me. Instead you threw it out to the public like it's some sort of joke. That's what really got to me there.




_________________
"His destructive programming is taking effect. He will be irresistibly drawn to large cities where he will back up sewers, reverse street signs, and steal everyone's left shoe."

Image

-The joke that never gets old-
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why so secretive
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:37 am 
Godly Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:33 pm
Posts: 533
That's the issue you see with this? That's the joke....




_________________
I am but a cow, trying to make it through this world of 99 cent cheeseburgers. Cow Nation! moooo!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why so secretive
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:26 pm 
*Game Dev*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:45 am
Posts: 856
Location: So~Cal
It seems to be yeah. It seems that both you and Leo have your pride on the line and it's keeping you from coming back. I personally would like to see you back but I'm not about to step on a fellow admin's toes to do so. That's why I came in and tried to get a middleman's compromise to get you back in the game. Everything else about this situation seems petty to be honest. It's your first offense, I get that. And there's some people out there who play who should have never even been given a second chance. I see that. But you're not those people. You are you. We don't deal with everyone the same way. It's not like we have a dart board laying around and we toss a dart to decide the person's fate. I don't at least. >_>

So come on man. Just try to work with me on this so you can get back in.




_________________
"His destructive programming is taking effect. He will be irresistibly drawn to large cities where he will back up sewers, reverse street signs, and steal everyone's left shoe."

Image

-The joke that never gets old-
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why so secretive
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:47 am 
Godly Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:33 pm
Posts: 533
I don't think its really a matter of pride. It basically, literally comes down to
an admin who has a personal dislike for me... all over some honest feedback, THAT HE ASKED FOR. ever since then he has had a problem with me. calling me rude and disrespectful...over some HONEST feedback THAT HE ASKED FOR. i get i was cheating..i get i deserve to get banned. do I not also deserve the same degree of punishment?

it really seems my special ban terms is over feelings being hurt and the childish inability to take criticism.

and that sparky is gonna be "detained or w/e? sparky was never a mage till after like a year of me already being 500.and when he was it wasn't very long because mages are poop. it cant be possible that when i started lvling rage is when i found the bot? id even be ok ith deleteing rage. id see no problem with that... but y are u trying to mess with my sparky........... id say its over a butthurt admin that cant handle criticism.

and what? did leo ban me and quit? his final act? cuuuuuz, he still hasnt had the decency to chime in... -shrugs




_________________
I am but a cow, trying to make it through this world of 99 cent cheeseburgers. Cow Nation! moooo!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why so secretive
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:58 pm 
Godly Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:30 pm
Posts: 798
Location: All over Dopps Hymen
Bring Sparky back :D




_________________
bassmaster.servebeer.com
5000
You already know.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why so secretive
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:11 pm 
Peasant

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:26 am
Posts: 27
I actually just received my forums account. Forgot the password --- Yuso had to reset it.
I, myself, told Yuso that he can unban you a month after you were initially banned.

You weren't the only person who were banned. Yezo and Gear were banned for the same exact situation.

Feedback and bashing are two completely separate things.

From what I've been told Yuso said he was going to try and work something out with you but instead you again were disrespectful to him this time and I don't blame him for keeping you banned. You even went as far as posting a private discussion between the two of you just to try throw gas in flames that you ignited. Your ban is in his hands and personally, if you hate the administration that bad...Why return? You can message Scorpio if you feel differently and if you want I can have him contact you. He knows the situation. You keep making these claims that I have something against you when really all this time it has been the opposite. I was nothing but respectful and haven't said anything negative to you. Feel free to post logs if you think otherwise. Realistically, I can't please everyone and I am not going to try to since I attempted to involve everyone and it failed. My mistake. Reading how entitled you think you are to have things is a little absurd. Your attitude hasn't changed nor do I plan it to. You have said a lot of things prior admins would've probably banned/voiced you for awhile ago and I felt I was very fair with letting you say a lot. You saying you were there after your auto-clicker hit me 6-8 times without you noticing is pretty silly to say the least and the fact you didn't post your 'plead' until hours later and to continue to act aggressive...Trust me, I'm not missing out on anything.



Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why so secretive
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:10 pm 
Godly Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 4:30 pm
Posts: 932
OminousLeo wrote:
I actually just received my forums account. Forgot the password --- Yuso had to reset it.
I, myself, told Yuso that he can unban you a month after you were initially banned.

You weren't the only person who were banned. Yezo and Gear were banned for the same exact situation.

Feedback and bashing are two completely separate things.

From what I've been told Yuso said he was going to try and work something out with you but instead you again were disrespectful to him this time and I don't blame him for keeping you banned. You even went as far as posting a private discussion between the two of you just to try throw gas in flames that you ignited. Your ban is in his hands and personally, if you hate the administration that bad...Why return? You can message Scorpio if you feel differently and if you want I can have him contact you. He knows the situation. You keep making these claims that I have something against you when really all this time it has been the opposite. I was nothing but respectful and haven't said anything negative to you. Feel free to post logs if you think otherwise. Realistically, I can't please everyone and I am not going to try to since I attempted to involve everyone and it failed. My mistake. Reading how entitled you think you are to have things is a little absurd. Your attitude hasn't changed nor do I plan it to. You have said a lot of things prior admins would've probably banned/voiced you for awhile ago and I felt I was very fair with letting you say a lot. You saying you were there after your auto-clicker hit me 6-8 times without you noticing is pretty silly to say the least and the fact you didn't post your 'plead' until hours later and to continue to act aggressive...Trust me, I'm not missing out on anything.


why are people still care about somx? its dead. The good old days are over and it's time to move on. Also, I don't blame sparky for blaming the admins. Ever since yuso took over and you came along, things has been pretty chaotic. I don't mean no disrespect but don't talk like you're innocent and you let the whole admin power corruption get to your head. Sure you kept the game going with your countless content and thats great and all but the moment you hear someone say negative about your content and you end up banning that person. So yeah the admins is pretty bad. Back in the days, it takes A LOT just to get kicked unless you obviously cheating. Like what happens to the warning days? you get warnings before a kick and then a ban? Anyways, free mah nigga sam_ngo




_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why so secretive
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:29 am 
Peasant

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:26 am
Posts: 27
You're are absolutely correct. The game has been going downhill and basically will continue to do so without Scorpio. Ryushin was banned for multi-accounting with another player and then when I went to speak with him about the situation and he decided to go very verbal about it in BC. You stated that it was hard to be banned back in the day but I found it that bans were very brutal prior. There was a lot of perma-bans and people who were banned for years. I don't know what you meant about the warnings aspect since no one ever gets kicked unless they spam or filter avoid excessively but if I have 100% evidence of you botting and not responding or multi-accounting with the matching same IP then why would I give someone a warning? Like I stated prior in the last post; Sparky was banned for botting like many people were. I told Yuso to unban him whenever he felt after the 2 weeks I left. Yuso tried to resolve the situation and it backfired. I wasn't around at the time. We're all adults that play this game at this point. There is consequences. I'm not trying to 'act' out anything, Jecht. I really don't mind walking away if that's what the majority want but you are highly overlooking the fact that everyone that has said a 'negative comment' to me also have been legitimately breaking the rules whether it be botting or multi-accounting. There also have been plenty of people that have been banned that didn't say anything at all due to 3rd party programs that bot the game. A negative comment and opinion is welcomed but verbally assaulting someone (Player, Mod, Admin, Etc...) is not. If you want be aggressive about things I have asked to keep it in map chats or PMs. I honestly thought that was pretty fair to ask. If you are reading these posts and feel as if I am coming off "power hungry" then I am sorry because that is very much the opposite. I truly am just trying to keep the game entertaining for people.



Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why so secretive
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:12 pm 
Godly Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 4:30 pm
Posts: 932
OminousLeo wrote:
You're are absolutely correct. The game has been going downhill and basically will continue to do so without Scorpio. Ryushin was banned for multi-accounting with another player and then when I went to speak with him about the situation and he decided to go very verbal about it in BC. You stated that it was hard to be banned back in the day but I found it that bans were very brutal prior. There was a lot of perma-bans and people who were banned for years. I don't know what you meant about the warnings aspect since no one ever gets kicked unless they spam or filter avoid excessively but if I have 100% evidence of you botting and not responding or multi-accounting with the matching same IP then why would I give someone a warning? Like I stated prior in the last post; Sparky was banned for botting like many people were. I told Yuso to unban him whenever he felt after the 2 weeks I left. Yuso tried to resolve the situation and it backfired. I wasn't around at the time. We're all adults that play this game at this point. There is consequences. I'm not trying to 'act' out anything, Jecht. I really don't mind walking away if that's what the majority want but you are highly overlooking the fact that everyone that has said a 'negative comment' to me also have been legitimately breaking the rules whether it be botting or multi-accounting. There also have been plenty of people that have been banned that didn't say anything at all due to 3rd party programs that bot the game. A negative comment and opinion is welcomed but verbally assaulting someone (Player, Mod, Admin, Etc...) is not. If you want be aggressive about things I have asked to keep it in map chats or PMs. I honestly thought that was pretty fair to ask. If you are reading these posts and feel as if I am coming off "power hungry" then I am sorry because that is very much the opposite. I truly am just trying to keep the game entertaining for people.


Actually, you banned him for saying your content sucks because it was OP and never gave him the opportunity to say why. That was what I was getting at. I was there when that happened and of course sam is my niggah so i'm just trying to help him out (because his forum is account got deactivated.) He did admit he went on someone's account but only to get the equipment he lent out. You put him in detention and took his voice. So, idk where you got the "he took the situation and decided to get verbal in B/C"




_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why so secretive
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:05 am 
Godly Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:33 pm
Posts: 533
My whole gripe with this situation is that instead of the consistent month ban, like you just said you gave yuso the go ahead on.It turned into sparky being "detained" or w/e. been several months now. still banned based on the ego and pride of childish admins. but thanks.

and can you explain how I feel that Im entitled to anything at all? all im askin for is consistency,and that i should be entitled to. and our whole issue leo, started when i told u that nerfing everything that gave stats without reseting players stats and not screwing people was stupid and BS. and I am not the only one to say it..yet the very next day when one of "your group" made the suggestion to reset players stats, it was a great idea...ever since that comment...you've been kinda a dick to me.. why shouldnt i be a dick back? with that said.... it does sorta look like i get special ban conditions because of an opinion that YOU asked for.

still banned for 1st offense of the sort
Sparky




_________________
I am but a cow, trying to make it through this world of 99 cent cheeseburgers. Cow Nation! moooo!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why so secretive
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:09 am 
Resident
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:36 am
Posts: 77
Unban my nicca Sparkles!! Admins are not even active enough to hold a ban this long & care about it! GG For the love of SSoMX give me my GD leader back!




_________________
zap
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why so secretive
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:43 pm 
*Game Dev*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:45 am
Posts: 856
Location: So~Cal
We're not always visible to your mortal eyes ;)




_________________
"His destructive programming is taking effect. He will be irresistibly drawn to large cities where he will back up sewers, reverse street signs, and steal everyone's left shoe."

Image

-The joke that never gets old-
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron