Contribute to Secrets of Mirage
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Another idea that adds flavor and purpose to classes.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:17 pm 
Baka

So I'm bored at work again and thinking more about the classes of som. Like I said in my last suggestion post, most melee classes have lost their purpose for the most part now that speed makes no difference to stat growth. There is no reason not play a mage, paladin, monk, angel, or skud simply because you get extra spells and your stat spread will be exactly the same. There are two ways to fix this. 1. Add exclusive class spells. 2. Add exclusive class gear. It's been a while since I tweaked around with any player worlds dev access stuff, so I'm not sure if there is a way to make spells based on atk/def vs mag. If not whatever there are other ways. Also not too sure the list of spell sprites som has so there may be some problem with.

Here are some of the ideas for class spells or end game gear:

Mage, Paladin, Monk, and Skud: No changes necessary they're doing great.

Dragoons:
Gear- Dragoons get access to lances. These weapons could be a little stronger then their non-exclusive counter parts.
Spells- None pure melee.

Knights:
Gear- They get better armor than their non exclusive counter parts.
Spells- None pure defense. Or maybe a spell called Shield Throw. Captain America style.

Vampire Hunter:
Gear- Not sure.
Spells- Vampire hunters have learned some dark magic from the vampires they hunt. Drain spells (if that exists?) Or a spell called Silver Bullet. Or both

Assassins:
Gear- not sure if this is possible but off hand daggers would be nice instead of shields. These would give assassins the best melee damage in game at the cost of not being able to block.
Spells- None purest melee

Ninjas:
Gear- Ninjas like to accessorize, so they get accessories that are better than their non exclusive counterparts.
Spells- None or Kunai based spells.

Pirates:
Gear- None that I can think of
Spells- Depending on the spell sprites, but maybe some kind of parrot related spells.

Valkyries:
Gear- Shields with better block rates then their non exclusive counter parts.
Spells- None.

Angels:
Gear- None that I can think of
Spells- Angels should have the best heals. They have Full Cure but need more, add early cure poison and more heal spells.

And thats all that I've come up with for that so far. Again not fully thought out, and I don't think any of these things would be game breaking but would add purpose to picking a class.

Post subject: Re: Another idea that adds flavor and purpose to classes.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:41 pm 
Resident

What a great idea!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]