Contribute to Secrets of Mirage
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Secrets of Mirage - Server of a Down
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:01 pm 
Ascending to Power

The sound of typing and clicking was heavy in that cubicle, located near the center of the office. Iwao had sat in the black rolling chair, Secrets of Mirage opened on his screen. Working tirelessly to push his next update, Iwao had mapped relentlessly. He had paused as the UPS deliveryman had paused by his desk. Iwao turned his head to the man, acknowledging his presence.

"Captain Iwao?", the UPS man asked.

"Yeah, that's me", Iwao replied, turning in his chair to face him.

The UPS man handed him the clipboard with the delivery papers. Iwao had leaned in with a pen in hand, signing his name. The UPS man retrieved the clipboard and handed him the cardboard envelope. Iwao took a hold of it, feeling a light lump of weight inside.

"Have a nice day", the UPS man said as he turned and walked.

Iwao turned back to his computer, holding his fingers over the edge of the packaging, tearing the top of the envelope off. He tilted the envelope down, listening to the lump inside slide out. The Nokia flip-phone had fallen into his hand. He gave a curious stare. His self-questioning was silenced almost immediately. The cellphone had begun to ring. Startled, Iwao had moved the phone away from his face. He paused for a moment, answering before a second ring could take place. The phone flipped open. He hesitantly brought it up to his ear.

"..Hello?", Iwao answered.

"Hello, Captain Iwao", a voice replied on the other end. "Do you know who this is?", he continued.

Iwao quickly turned from his chair, lowering his head into the privacy of his cubicle.

"..Scorpio?", Iwao replied.

"Yes. I've been looking for you, Iwao", Scorpio replied. "I don't know if you're ready to hear what I have to tell you, but unfortunately we're out of time", he said with little emotion.

Iwao remained silent, continuing to listen.

"They're coming for you, Iwao, and I don't know what they're going to do", Scorpio continued.

"Who's coming for me?", Iwao asked.

"Stand up and see for yourself", Scorpio quietly commanded.

"..Right now?", Iwao asked.

"Yes, right now. Do it slowly", Scorpio insisted. "The elevator", he continued as he directed his attention.

Iwao slowly rose up from the cubicle, holding the phone to his ear. His eyes scanned the area of the elevator, noticing men in black suits and sunglasses that had stopped to talk to the secretary. The men had tags on their suits that read, "Server Hosts". Iwao had quickly dropped down into his cubicle in a panic. He was down to his knees.

"Oh s**t!..", Iwao quietly exclaimed.

"Yes..", Scorpio said, confirming his reaction.

"What the hell do they want from me?!..", Iwao asked as he had backed against the corner of his cublicle.

"I don't know, but if you don't want to find out, I suggest you quit mapping and get out of there."

"How?!..", Iwao asked hastily.

"I can guide you out, but you have to do exactly as I say", Scorpio replied.

"Okay..", Iwao said, looking around the cubicle frantically.

"The cubicle across from you is empty", Scorpio said.

"What if they-", Iwao began to reply, only to be talked over.

"Go, now", Scorpio commanded.

Iwao gave a second of hesitation before dashing from his cubicle, ducking into the one across from his. He breathed heavily with his back against the cubicle walls, slowly bringing the phone back up to his ear.

"Stay here for just a moment..", Scorpio said.

Iwao eyed around the corner of the cubicle. The server hosts had examined his computer, taking note that he was mapping. The hosts looked to eachother, then had separated to search for Iwao.

"When I tell you, go to the end of the room, to the office at the end of the hall. Stay as low as you can", Scorpio said.

Iwao glanced around the corner again.

"Go, now", Scorpio said.

Iwao had ducked and moved out of the cublicle. Looking up, he noticed he was crouched behind one of the server hosts. He took off while crouched, dashing through the maze of cubicles, heading to the back office. He weaved through, passing the copying machine, leaving behind a confused office worker who had watched him pass. Iwao had passed through the doors, hastily closing it behind him. He quickly turned, sitting against the door, now secure inside the office room.

"Good", Scorpio said. "Now.. Outside, there is a scaffold", Scorpio continued.

Iwao looked outside of the office window that had overlooked the city, seeing the scaffold as Scorpio had said.

"How do you know all this?!..", Iwao asked in a slight confusion.

"We don't have time, Iwao. There is a window to your left, go to it", Scorpio commanded.

Iwao walked towards the window, staring out at the buildings below. He stood there for a moment, catching his breath.

"Open it", Scorpio said.

Iwao had unlatched the window, opening it. The wind had blown into the room, sending papers flying around.

"Now, climb out and use the scaffold to get to the roof", Scorpio said calmly.

Iwao looked to the scaffold and had backed away from the window.

"No way! No way!.. This is crazy!..", Iwao responded quickly.

"There are two ways you will leave this building. On the scaffold, or in their custody. You'll take a chance either way, I leave it up to you", Scorpio concluded before hanging up.

Iwao looked back to the office door, then to the window. He struggled with the decision.

"This is crazy..! Why is this happening to me? What did I do?", Iwao complained as he finally begun to approach the window again and lift himself from it.

"I'm gonna die..", Iwao complained again.

Iwao stared down at the ledge, looking to the streets below. He backed up to the edge of the window again.

"S**t!..", he exclaimed.

He hugged the outside of the window closely, and hastily began to scale across towards the scaffolding. Iwao had noticed a beam had stood between the ledge he was scaling and the ledge leading to the scaffolding. In a panic, he reached for the beam, hugging onto his side of it. He stared at the roads below, attempting to cross, kicking one of his feet around. At the same moment, a gust of wind blew, causing the cellphone to fly out of his grip. His eyes followed the phone as it seemed to fall in slow motion and out of sight below. He held onto the beam tighter, retrieving his foot, sliding up against the wall. He breather heavily as he gripped onto the beam, making his final decision.

"...I can't do this", Iwao said.

Iwao had backed down, scaling back into the window and back into the office.

A few minutes had passed. Onlookers from the ground would spectate the server hosts exiting the building with Iwao in their custody. For the awful crime of attempting to map, the SoMX server had been shut down. Iwao was placed into the Server Police vehicle, and taken away.

(This concludes the true story of why the server is down.)

Post subject: Re: Secrets of Mirage - Server of a Down
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:46 am 
Godly Poster

I love it haha!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]